Monday, November 13, 2006

Chris's idea about the civic center made me think of my other idea that I presented members of the Androscoggin Valley Economic Recovery while I was teaching. ( I never knew if they took it seriously or presented it to anyone else)

The Cabelas idea:

During the 2004 elections I watched segment on the news about the Cabelas vote. Basically, both candidates were trying to show they were outdoorsy and enjoyed hunting etc. Kerry was duck hunting. Anyway, they explained the phenomena of Cabelas and how it was not just a store but an experience. Customers drove for days and camped in the parking lot. They took classes and recreated in the area of the store.

I suggested we woo them and try to get our own Cabelas. I am not sure how you entice a business to come to a certain area so thats why I thought the AVER group could help. In the end, Cabelas is in the process of opening a store in southern New Hampshire in the Hooksett area. Development is complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home